Claire Marie Lim
For media inquiries, please contact Media Relations
Claire Marie Lim is a music technologist and electronic musician who is active under her artist project, dolltr!ck. She specializes in instruction for live electronic performance, production, and programming, and is an advocate of Asian representation and women in music technology.
In music education and arts activism, Lim collaborates with the Girls Rock Campaign, Beats by Girlz, and the Queens Public Library network, and she has received support from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and Queens Council on the Arts. She develops curricula for various ages and experience levels, having consulted for the International Center of Photography, Queens College, Coursera, and the Berklee network. Lim also independently runs the doll troop, a mentorship experience where K–12 girls can shadow her in electronic songwriting sessions and live shows.
- Bitwig-certified trainer, Ableton-certified trainer, Apple-certified professional, and Apple teacher
- Collaborations and performances with Grammy-winning and Billboard-charting artists, including Nona Hendryx (Labelle) and Suzanne Ciani, and organizations such as Alphabet Rockers, Queens Council on the Arts, FEMME HOUSE, the Recording Academy, female:pressure, Women in Music, and others
- Performances and presentations with Audio Engineering Society, Moogfest, Genelec, Ableton, Bitwig, the NAMM Show, Aodyo Instruments, Sonicbids, and RoadNation, among others
- Content creator and contributor for music brands and organizations including Splice, Soundfly, Vochlea, and 343 Labs, among others
- Gold Award (Category 5: Remix) at the 145th Audio Engineering Society (AES) Convention in New York City
- Hand Hospitality HUNGRY creative arts festival award
- SongwriterUniverse Best Song of the Month (pop/electronic)
- Queens Council on the Arts: Artist Commissioning Program (ACP) Grant
- Queens Council on the Arts: Queens Art Fund New Work Grant
- Berklee Urban Service Award
- Berklee College of Music Faculty Development Grant
- Graduate studies, Harvard University
- M.M., Berklee Online
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
"As an artist who identifies as a woman and a minority, I have encountered countless situations where others have tried to arm-twist me out of pursuing my artistic goals, but I have chosen to stay true to my values as a person, more than just a musician or producer or performer. I want my students to recognize that strength and flexibility are not mutually exclusive, and I do my best to facilitate helping them find the right balance through the lens of creative technology."
"Live performance is my happy place, regardless of whether I'm onstage or behind-the-scenes. As a seasoned performer with experience in classical repertoire, musical theater, dance, K-pop, and live electronic music, my journey has shaped my approach to live experience design for the artists and clients I work with. Consequently, as a lifelong student of the 'school of hard knocks,' I am hoping to bring what I have learned in the professional world to my students in the classroom and make their college experiences holistic and more than merely content-focused."