Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In full alignment and collaboration with the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Berklee’s campus in Boston, Berklee NYC's mission is to foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable community where all of our members can reach their full potential. We acknowledge the inherent dignity and value of each person, and work toward establishing a community in which all members are free from discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence. We achieve our mission through the engagement and empowerment of our students, faculty, and staff. We coordinate our efforts across the institution through education, programming, resource development and provision, and policy and process implementation.
The team in New York City supports the Berklee community by sharing Diversity and Inclusion resources, such as events, gatherings and learning opportunities, and administering the Equity Policy and Process, offering resources, support, and reporting options to address harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct, and educating the community on prevention of and response to these issues.
Berklee D&I Resources and Support
- Accessibility: Berklee is committed to providing all members of the community equal access to campus properties, services, and resources.
- Cultural and Religious Observances
- Diversity and Inclusion Resources and Services Guide
- Diversity and Inclusion Grants: Diversity and Inclusion Grants provide members of the Berklee and Boston Conservatory communities with financial support for events, programs, and initiatives that are aligned with our Diversity Values and Framework. Following grant application approval, Diversity and Inclusion Grants between $250 to $2,500 are awarded to student organizations or to administrative units (e.g. a department). Grant requests exceeding $2,500 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Equity and Title IX Resources
- Get Inclusive: With this intention in mind and grounded in many conversations with and feedback from Berklee’s students, faculty, and staff, we are launching a new tool. Diversity and Inclusion, Human Resources, Faculty Development, and Information Technology Services have collaborated to implement this new training platform: Get Inclusive. Available to all Berklee employees (including part-time faculty and staff), this platform provides us with a new tool for self-paced learning to explore foundational diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts including identity, engaging across our differences, and practices to support a more respectful and welcoming community.
- Trans Resources and Support: We have developed several resources to help ensure that our trans community members are safe and supported, and encourage you to become familiar with this information. This page includes information about the name, gender, and pronoun change policy.
- Other Library Diversity and Inclusion Collections:
- Black Lives Matter Guide This guide includes resources on how to become an advocate for change.
- Diversity and Inclusion Collection This collection has diverse intellectual approaches, incorporating not only sociological and historical writings but various literary genres that can complement academic research. The library has expanded to include a wide-ranging collection of novels, short stories, poetry, music biographies, memoirs, and other literary works that speak to the issues surrounding these important topics. Not only are issues of race, gender, and class included in the collection, but stories of disability and heritage as well.
- Diversity in Show Business: Acting Beyond Stereotypes
- Spanish Language and Culture Resource Guide This resource guide aims to provide a historical and cultural overview of the Valencia experience. All materials have been carefully selected and recommended by staff and faculty from the Spanish campus, and they should help increase the cultural understanding of Spain.
- International Student Experience Resource Guide This guide aims to provide resources for inspiration, research, and intercultural learning geared towards international students.